- West Bend Community Memorial Library owns more than 210,000 items including nearly 175,000 books.
- We subscribe to nearly 308 magazines and 15 newspapers. The most recent issue may not be checked out. For many magazine titles, there is a 3 year backfile of issues (plus current year), readily available in the periodical browsing area on the first floor. For newspapers, there is a 6 month backfile of issues.
- All circulating materials at Monarch member libraries (including West Bend, Germantown, Hartford, Kewaskum, and Slinger) are available to all Monarch library cardholders. Van service each day provides pickup at the library chosen by the requesting patron.
- The catalog is now Monarch! We grew from the Wave, Launch, Bridges, and Waccool consortia, were part of SHARE, TRIO, and now the Monarch Library System. We cover Dodge, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, and Washington counties in southeastern Wisconsin.
- The West Bend Library has a staff of 31 people, headed by a Director and Assistant Director. They, along with several others, have masters degrees in library science with experience in other public, school and academic libraries. Our paraprofessional personnel, who have been employed at the library for up to thirty years, bring to their work a wide variety of education and experience. The adult and student pages are responsible for retrieving and reshelving materials. All of these service-oriented people are skilled in connecting patrons with resources, information, library services and programs.
Monday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Zinio for Libraries