The West Bend Community Memorial Library provides meeting rooms for informational, civic, educational and professional needs. The West Bend Community Memorial Library does not endorse the views of any group using the meeting rooms.
These rooms are not intended for commercial use. For-profit organizations and businesses may use the meeting rooms but only for training, conferences, strategic planning or other non-commercial use.
The West Bend Community Memorial Library supports the principles of the ALA Library Bill of Rights: “Libraries which make exhibit spaces and meeting rooms available to the public they serve should make such facilities available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.”
If a group abuses the facility or these regulations then it will be the Library Director’s decision to cancel future reservations or to discontinue meeting room privileges to this group.
- Non-profit organizations or groups will be charged a $10 non-refundable fee per reservation.
- For-profit organizations or businesses will be charged $15 per hour or $50 per half day (4 hours) or $100 per full day (8 hours). Fees will be charged in one hour increments if necessary.
Application for Use
Application forms and the Meeting Room policy are available in the business office from 9 am – 12:30 pm Monday through Friday. The application must be signed by an adult. An adult must be present throughout the meeting if minors are in attendance. The person signing the application form will accept liability for damages to the meeting room that occur during the time period their organization meets.
Meeting Room Priority
The Library has priority for meeting room use and may need to cancel a group reservation if the Library needs the room. The Library will attempt to give 2 weeks notice if a reservation needs to be cancelled.
There are specific times that the meeting rooms are used by the Library and are as follows:
- Children’s Story Room: Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, Thursday evenings, and June and July
- First Floor Conference Room: 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Tower Room: 8
- First Floor Conference Room: 22
- Children’s Story Room: 30 (75 if mostly children)
The meeting rooms are available during Library hours: Monday – Thursday 9 am – 9 pm; Friday – 9 am – 7 pm (6 pm between Memorial Day and Labor Day); Saturday 9 am – 4 pm (1 pm between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
The hours that are reserved include set-up and clean-up time. No one will be allowed to stay past closing.
Groups may use the meetings rooms once per calendar month. This is per group and per room. It will be at the Director’s discretion or the Director’s designee to make adjustments.
Food and covered beverages are allowed in the First Floor Conference Room and the Children’s’ Story Room. No alcoholic beverages are allowed. There are no kitchen facilities. Groups using these rooms are responsible for providing their own refreshments and clean up supplies.
Cancellation of room reservations must be made two business days in advance of the meeting date for return of fees, unless cancellation is demanded by weather.
- Meeting rooms may be booked up to 6 months ahead of time. If it is an annual meeting then the room may be booked 12 months in advance.
- All groups must abide by local and state fire safety laws. All regular library rules apply to the meeting rooms, including prohibitions against posting materials on the walls, windows, or doors and moving tables and chairs.
- Should an emergency occur during a meeting, the adult in charge shall report it to the Librarians.
- The Library does not provide equipment except that the first floor Conference Room and Children’s Story Room have drop down projection screens. Groups are responsible for set up and take down of chairs, etc. in the Children’s Story Room. Setup and take down must be considered when booking the room. Library staff will not assist with this.
- If a room is not left in the same condition when the meeting started then the group will be charged an hourly custodial fee for cleanup.
- Due to staffing limitations, the library is unable to carry messages (e.g. telephone calls) to persons/groups using the meeting rooms. In the event of emergencies, Library staff will attempt to place the caller in touch with the person being called.
- Any public notice or advertisement of any meeting must clearly state that the event is being held at, not sponsored or organized by the Library Board, Library or City of West Bend.
- The name, address or telephone number of the West Bend Community Memorial Library may not be used as the address or headquarters of the group meeting at the Library.
Approved and adopted by the Library Board 10-1-02