West Bend Community Memorial Library owns more than 210,000 items including nearly 175,000 books.
If there are no reserves, we allow two renewels for most 7, 14 and 28 day loans.
- Books – 28 day loan period
- Audiobooks on Cassette or CD – 28 day loan period
- New Adult Fiction – 14 day loan period
- Kits – 14 day loan period
- Magazines – 14 day loan period
- Music CDs – 14 day loan period
- CD-ROMs – 14 day loan period
- Entertainment DVDs/Videos – 7 day loan period
- How-to, Travel or Non-Fiction DVDs/Videos – 14 day loan period
West Bend subscribes to nearly 308 magazines and 15 newspapers. The most recent issue may not be checked out. For many magazine titles, there is a 10 year backfile of issues, readily available in the periodical browsing area on the first floor. For newspapers, there is a 6 month backfile of issues.
25 cents a day per item is charged on most overdue materials.
$1.00 a day per item is charged on videos, DVDs, CD-ROMS and other specialty items circulated as kits.
The West Bend Library owns 2 microfilm reader/printers, 2 word processing computers with printers, 13 Internet access computers, 2 photocopiers and magnifying equipment for the visually impaired. In addition, electrical watt meters may be checked out for home use.
All circulating materials at all SHARE member libraries (including West Bend, Germantown, Hartford, Kewaskum, and Slinger) are available to all SHARE library cardholders. Van service each day provides pickup at the library chosen by the requesting patron.
Updated by the Library Board October 6, 2009
Updated Website December 02, 2009