Patrons may access the Internet using their own computers or wireless devices in the Library utilizing the wireless network. Users will need to furnish their own wireless devices.
- Most WiFi equipment will be compatible. The Library makes no guarantees of compatibility of a user’s hardware with the Library’s network.
- Users are expected to comply with the Library Acceptable Internet Use Policy.
- Printers are not part of wireless accessibility in the Library. If you need to print, you will need to save your work to an external device and sign in on a Library workstation to access a printer. Users will be charged for each sheet produced at the current rate, regardless of whether or not the user decides they actually need the information.
- The Library wireless network is an open network and not secure. The Library cannot guarantee the safety of your computer or device’s communication across its wireless network. Users agree to access the Internet at their own risk.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the configurations, security, or files on your computer or device resulting from connecting to the Library’s network. The Library cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from a virus or any malfunction of the network. The Library strongly urges those accessing the Internet to load anti-virus software on to their computers or devices and keep it up to date.
- The Library is not responsible for the content of websites or email accessed through the Library network.
WIRELESS TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
- The Library is unable to provide technical assistance to users regarding wireless access. There is no guarantee that a user will be able to make a wireless connection. Wireless users are urged to contact a computer vendor for assistance in configuring their equipment.
- The Library is not responsible for any changes a user makes to their computer or device’s settings. Users are recommended to make a copy of any settings before changing them.