- Interlibrary Loan in this policy means the obtaining of information or materials from other libraries other than SHARE member libraries for a patron.
- Any library cardholder 18 years of age and older shall be eligible for interlibrary loan services.
- Library materials requested and not owned may be borrowed through interlibrary loan.
- The patron will be notified when the item is received. The item will be held for pickup by the patron.
- The patron must follow the conditions for borrowing of the owning library, including return date and financial responsibility.
- Photocopies may be substituted for original materials in some cases (as deemed by the lending library).
- There is a limit of five requests per week per eligible patron.
Interlibrary loans require considerable staff time and expense and, therefore, should be used for reasonable purposes.
- Requests for items owned by the library may be refused unless the item is “long-overdue” and presumed lost.
- Requests for items not eligible for acquisition under the library’s selection policies may be refused.
- Fines for interlibrary loans are $1.00 per day.
Approved by the West Bend Community Memorial Library Board on October 2nd, 2007