Patrons of the West Bend Community Memorial Library have the right to use Library materials and services without being unduly disturbed or impeded by others. Both patrons and Library staff have the right to a secure and congenial environment.
Applicable Laws and Ordinances
We expect that all our library patrons abide by the laws of the United States and Wisconsin and the ordinances of the City of West Bend. We have instructed our staff to call the police and report any suspected violations of the law.
Rules of Courtesy
- Behavior that disrupts or hinders use of the Library is prohibited.
- Cell phones and pagers must be silenced and telephone conversations by Library patrons must be held outside of the Library.
- Interfering with other patrons’ reasonable expectations of privacy will not be tolerated.
- Any behavior disturbing to library patrons or staff, endangering other persons, or damaging physical property is not allowed.
Rules of Conduct
- Misrepresenting eligibility for services or identity is prohibited.
- Harassing patrons and staff is prohibited. Staring at or following others with the intent to annoy or harrass the is not permitted.
- Staring at or following others with the intent to annoy or harass them is not permitted.
- Smoking or the use of chewing tobacco or similar products is not permitted inside or outside any area of the Library’s property.
- No food is allowed in the Library except during scheduled events in the Story Hour Room and in the first floor conference room.
- Unless approved by the Director or his/her designee, moving Library furniture from one area of the Library to another is not allowed.
- Parents and other legal guardians are responsible for the behavior of their minor children in the Library. Children under 7 years old may not be left unattended.
- Permission must be obtained from the Director or his/her designee prior to taking photographs, videotaping, or doing similar types of filming in the Library.
Library patrons are expected to follow all Library policies, including these rules of conduct. Failure to do so may result in the loss of Library privileges and/or contacting law enforcement.
Approved by the West Bend Library Board of Trustees: March 4th, 2008
Updated by the West Bend Library Board of Trustees: December 20, 2011
Updated on 7/17/12 by the WBCML Board of Trustees